BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 19, 2009

do you ever?

do you ever have that feeling that some things were meant to be... for you, not for everyone else? ya see, i do.

at gramma lucille's memorial today i totally felt that way. this is what i feel...

*85* was her milestone... a legacy to all! She celebrated that with such joy in September 2008!

*I* was her last "grandchild" wedding... i always had a bonding with my uncle dave, it was hard when we had to say goodbye to him in 2001 (yes, im aware that im not really lucille's grandchild, but she has always been my 'other' grandma)

*Ruby* was born early so that grandma can report that to "grandpa dave" as to how beautiful she really is... (ruby's grandfather in heaven)

...just things I look at that most others don't pay attention to. She will be missed so much ...her warm smile, her soft voice and her loving hugs. It's so surreal to think she isn't with us in body anymore, but here in spirit... She really is the sweetest lady I've ever met... and when she was younger?? oh boy was she a knock out!!! So glamorous and proper... she aged so well, I hope I can too!!!

Unfortunately she sailed away having let cancer win the battle... do your part & quit smoking, donate to cancer research & love those who have conquered it!! There is no greater gift than love & faith.

We love you Lucille!

0 comments: