BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, June 1, 2009

When the weather gets warm, drink up!

Regardless of the day, regardless of the hour. When it's over 75 degrees and I'm basking in the heat, I enjoy a nice refreshing drink! Of course, when I'm soaking up the rays I am usually in a bikini and don't want to widen my waist! So I found this refreshing Strawberry Margarita *SWAP* that is not only healthier than a traditional margarita (which packs in over 350 calories per serving, on average) but is also less sugary - no more having sticky lips! Check out the recipe and find more great ones at: Hungry-Girl ...and while you're there, be sure to check out my favorite strawberry dessert, a great evening accompaniment on a hot day: here

Humans, start your blenders...

Ingredients:3/4 cup Sprite Zero (or any diet lemon-lime soda)

One shot (1.5 oz.) tequila

One serving (half a packet or 1/8th of a tub) sugar-free strawberry powdered drink mix (any variety, like Crystal Light Strawberry-Kiwi or Energy Wild Strawberry)

4 frozen unsweetened strawberries

2 tbsp. lime juice

1 cup crushed ice or 5 - 8 ice cubes

Optional Garnish: lime wedge

Directions: Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until uniform and slushy.Pour into a nice glass and, if you like, garnish with a wedge of lime.

Drink up!

MAKES 1 SERVING
** Serving Size: 1 margarita (entire recipe)

Calories: 125

Fat: 0g

Sodium: 24mg

Carbs: 7g

Fiber: 1g

Sugars: 2g

Protein: 0g

POINTS® value 2*

HG Alternative! If you're under 21 (or just dance funny when you're tipsy), try this virgin version -- simply swap the tequila for an extra 1/4 cup of the soda. That liquor-less slushfest clocks in with only around 28 calories and a POINTS® value of 0*.

0 comments: